Free Standard Shipping on Orders $99+
Instinct Founder's Edition Boots
STYLE #: 31529-001-9
Color — Black
Please select a size.
Thank you, we will email you when the item is in stock.
- Limited Edition
- Only 74 made
- Individually numbered
Only 74 made
These limited edition boots pay homage to our founding in 1974, the year Geoff Fox first introduced the iconic Fox Head logo. Boots come in a limited edition carrying case. Each collector's case is individually numbered with a CNC engraved metal serial number plate.
Founder's Edition Details
- Individually numbered 01/74 through 74/74
- "Grand Prix Cycles” embroidery
- “Super Trick Stuff” print emboss
- “Geoffrey T. Fox” Signature
- Embroidery on suede leather
- Tongue and upper textured with silicon print
- Injected TPU shin plate
- Anodized buckles
- Marble outsole and medial side grip
- Translucent TPU heel Fox logo
Offering the highest level of grip, mobility, and protection, the all-new Instinct Boots are tailor-made for advanced and pro-level riders seeking best-in-class performance from their motocross boots. With major upgrades to fit, grip, and the closure system, the Instinct has been redesigned from the sole up with direct input from riders like Ken Roczen, Tim Gajser, Adam Cianciarulo, Ryan Dungey, and the Pro Circuit Team.
Grip & Control
Instinct Boots are constructed using ULTRATAC on the outsole, side of foot, ankle, and burn guard, allowing you to stay practically glued to the bike as you put in the work. Exclusive to Fox, this rubber compound delivers the highest grip on offer. To go along with this superior grip, the slim and flat medial design (inner side of the boot) increases surface area to keep you in close contact with the bike and further enhance your connection.
Fit & Comfort
With half sizes now available in the most common size ranges (9.5, 10.5, and 11.5), Instinct Boots deliver improved comfort and a more precise fit. With focus specifically on the new and improved last—the foot-shaped mold that determines how a boot will fit your foot—step-in-comfort is assured right out of the box. This same last is used across all the boots in our boot line, creating unified sizing and a consistent fit. If you wear a size 9 Instinct, that will be your size across the full "reboot" line up: Instinct, Motion and Comp. Riders can now enjoy a standard, true-to-size fit—just order your normal shoe size and you’re good to go.
In terms of protection, Instinct Boots incorporate TPU, a hard plastic material, in strategic locations to offer full coverage where you need it most. These boots offer the most protection of all Fox motocross boots, with little to no gaps in coverage care of TPU at the ankle, over the Achilles (which also includes a metal insert), at the calf, shin plate, and toe cap. The patented hinge lockout system around the ankle also stops motion before hyperextension to help prevent injury.
Also updated for 2022 is the buckle and closure system. On the Instinct Boots, this 4-buckle system features a new, patented forged metal buckle system. This system provides a durable, secure closure for a precise fit and includes extended-length levers for easy opening and closing. The new ball and socket mechanism ensures your mobility is never compromised with this system, providing “float” as the boots flex and contract while you ride. This buckle and closure system is the same across all Fox boots, but Instinct has the upgraded forged metal buckles for increased durability.
Mobility & Support
When it comes to best-in-class performance, mobility and support go hand-in-hand and the hinge system on these boots deliver both. This system allows for more controlled forward and back movement while providing lateral support around the ankle, plus reduces side-to-side motion as you ride. Additional support comes via polyurethane in the tongue of the boot to add stiffness, particularly useful as you tackle pro-level obstacles like whoops, high-speed turns, and triples. The sole is constructed to provide strategic stiffness where you need it most, further optimizing feel, support, and mobility. Combine the stiffer tongue with the comfort liner and you’ve got the stiffest, most performance orientated boots around, making Instinct the boot of choice for any rider seeking best-in-class gear on their quest to reach the top step of the podium.
- All-new ULTRATAC compound, on the outsole and inner side of boot, provides the highest level of grip
- New and improved last - the foot-shaped mold that determines the boots' fit - offers step-in comfort
- Now available in half sizes for a more precise fit. Half sizes: 9.5, 10.5, 11.5
- Patented hinge lockout stops motion before hyperextension and improves back and forth mobility
- New patented anodized metal buckle system provides a durable, secure closure, and precise fit
- Air mesh treated Microban antimicrobial liner helps control odor
- Patented composite nylon-fiberglass insole board provides stability in the heel and flex in the ball of the foot
- Anti-shock midsole and heel pad provides impact resistance, stability and support on the foot peg
- Resoleable outsole for a longer lasting boot even after wear and tear
- Microfiber synthetic leather upper for superior fit, flex, and durability
- TPU plating on shin, toe cap, heel cap, and calf guard gives the rider our fullest coverage
- Sleek medial design (inner side of the boot) keeps you in close contact with the bike
- Less volume in the toe box for easy shifting and a sleeker overall profile
- Composite nylon-fiberglass cuff secures and protects the ankle
- Low ride chassis brings the foot closer to the footpeg for an enhanced feel
- Weight: 1,947 g (size 10)
- Resoleable outsole to maintain peak performance
- Details on resole program coming soon
- Fully serviceable with Fox Racing parts
- Parts available soon: outsole, buckle/strap kit, and hinge cuffs, bolt, and washer
Recommended For You